- Make sure all electrical outlets and cords are secured or put away! This is the easiest way to cook a chinchilla and I highly doubt that's what you want. At least... it better not be! Eeep!
- Close off areas you don't want your chinchilla to have access to by closing doors and using sheets of cardboard or other chin-safe materials.
- Pick up things off the floor you don't want chewed!
- If your room is deemed not safe for chinchilla playtime, a bathroom makes an excellent playroom for a chinchilla. Block off areas such as behind the toilet so your chinchilla can't get stuck and let them hop and run around as their little hearts desire!
- To keep us from chewing walls, give us something to chew while outside our cage too! Cardboard, egg cartons, or chin-safe woods work well.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Chinchilla Proofing Your Room
Chinchillas are curious and active creatures. We need time to run outside of our cages for both exercise and stimulation. There are basic guidelines that you need to follow in order to ensure that your chin can run around safely. Here are five quick tips: